usb 2.0/ pci sound cards

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 10 21:48:45 MST 2006

speaker is green
microphone is red

usb disks and other removable media types mount in /media not in /mnt

/dev/pilot is typically dynamically created by udev when you press the
sync button. Pay attention to dmesg/syslogs for information.

If you press the hotsync button, you should at least see the presence
in /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 (though it may be a higher number
ttyUSB if you keep clomping around on things.

the thing to do is to:

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*

take note of any devices listed

press the hotsync button on your visor

wait 5 seconds and then once again, do

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot

see what shows up

also - you might want to familiarize yourself with udev...

http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

Craig