usb 2.0/ pci sound cards

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Nov 10 15:00:47 MST 2006

HI guys. I got the new cards and I got the keyboard working..
Unfortunately sound does not work nor does jpilot; however, the camera does
download and the webcam images... It appears as if USB works.

I found my pen drive (not in media but in mnt after it is mounted).
Upon the suggestion of some I also purchased a card reader so I could transfer
files ONTO the camera but am unable to find it. (the pen drive is connected
to a hub and the card reader is in the same). Could it be that the card
reader is not Linux friendly? It is an i-Dot-Connect.

Would someone help me fix this and find the drives??

Here is what is happening with jpilot:
I press the sync button  on the cradle and then on the GUI and it responds:
bmike1 at 0[~]$ sudo jpilot
pi_bind error: /dev/pilot No such file or directory <is this a file or dir>
Check your serial port and settings <it is a USB>
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_BIND
Finished
pi_bind error: /dev/pilot No such file or directory
Check your serial port and settings
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_BIND
Finished

I also tried GUI->cradle with the same results

There is one more thing..... it is running much slower now. When I went to
kernel 2.6 it sped up but now it is even slower than with 2.4.