Ubuntu 6.06.1 problems

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:00:50 MST 2006

D75,

   Thanks for the info.  I am wary of claims such as 'it's huge in Europe'
because I know that is how many initiatives are justified here in the US,
despite their being no precedence in Europe or elsewhere.  For instance,
extending the term of copyright in the US was justified in part by 'we need
to harmonize with Europe', even though no such rulings existed there.  From
what I understand there is authentic activity in China.

   There are some parties who do not want IPv6 for a variety of reasons( the
'Information Should be Free' crowd ).  There is much more there than just
expanding the address range.  Some have noted that IPv6 makes it easier for
ISPs to track the source of packet data.  The wikipedia article notes that
IPSec is part of the IPv6 specification. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPsec

   Thanks again!

-jmz

On 11/8/06, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't find the specific article I read that talked about how the US was
> falling behind.  However, it does seem that China, Japan, Korea, and the EU
> are more active.
>
> http://www.wide.ad.jp/news/press/20051116-SOIAsia-e.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
>
> http://news.com.com/China+launches+largest+IPv6+network/2100-1025_3-5506914.html
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/21/1424258&mode=flat&tid=126&tid=95&threshold=-1
>
> http://www.opticalkeyhole.com/obspost/ipv6.asp
>
> On 11/8/06, Joshua Zeidner < jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 11/7/06, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > no Ipv6 routers is pretty normal.  Just read an article about how the
> > > US is lagging behind much of the world in implememting IP version 6.
> >

> > D75,
> >
> >   What countries use Ipv6?
> >
> >   -jmz

.0000. communication.
.0001. development.
.0010. strategy.
.0100. appeal.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com