is there a dec alpha man in the house?

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Thu Nov 9 01:11:11 MST 2006

I have a pair of older modem eb164 21164 dec alpha boards. both were working
until today. both exhibit the same behavior:
1. blue screen on boot up with a single blinking cursor
2. no debug output on com port
3. no reaction from com port or connected keyboard
4. after a reset, video goes black

HELP!

if anyone even has the remotetest knowledge, I would like to talk with them
PDQ! I have use for these machines (I was planning a complete port of the
latest opensuse to alpha but thats on hold now).

question, what could have caused the above condition(s)?

someone please help. I am already at the limits of my knowledge and
troubleshooting skills