Cox v. Qwest High Speed - One More Time Please

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:18:23 MST 2006

I would suspect DOCSIS 1.1 is a minimum requirement.  When I started with
Mediacom the Linksys cable modem I bought at Fry's was on the Mediacom
recommended list.  It was DOCSIS 1.1 and worked fine.  I later replaced it
with a newer model Linksys which is DOCSIS 2.0 and it runs fine (and maybe
better) as well.

On 11/8/06, Jonathan Claxton <jzc at globalcrossing.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Brant Evans wrote:
>
> > I'd go with Cox.
> >
> > I have had there service since they came out with it and rarely have
> > problems. The cable modem I use was one I purchased from Fry's
> > Electronics, my father who signed up recently purchased the modem
> > through Cox. The cost of buying the modem from Cox or purchasing it
> > elsewhere is about the same so I'd just buy it from Cox just for less
> > hastle. The only requirement for the modem is that it be DoCSIS 1.1
> > compliant.
> >

> Ummm... DOCSIS 1.1? I think it MUST BE 2.0!!! And my cable modem is
> LInkSys BEFCMU10 V4 which is much much better than my original version.
>
> Jon

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss