Cox v. Qwest High Speed - One More Time Please

George ggambill at emr.net
Wed Nov 8 12:05:11 MST 2006

Looking at dumping dial-up for something faster and something that will
not tie up the phone line..

Cox is advertising $14.95 per month, no contracts, no taxes, no hidden
fees.  however, a Cable modem is needed (59.95 +tax).  Supposedly, you
do not need other COX services (television etc.).

Meanwhile, Qwest if touting 21.99 a month.  No doubt there are taxes and
maybe hidden fees they don't want to talk about.

I know this has been thrown around recently (I wasn't thinking about it
then) and was hoping folks might be willing to go there again.

Interested in the strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes of both.
Also on the COX, what about buying a cable modem from another source,
strengths and weaknesses?