How to clean out all "hidden" files on one's computer.

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Tue Nov 7 13:56:50 MST 2006

.
While I don't have any files or links on my computer that need to
be hid from anyone's view, when I recently got the "popup" message
shown below (one that Firefox failed to block), it made me wonder
where all there might be files and/or "cookies" and/or other such
stuff hidden on a Linux computer that might be good to clear out
periodically.

Here's the pop-up message I received:

From: http://www.drivecleaner.com

> Your computer tracked all of your actions and stored the evidence
> on your hard drive.  Anyone could see where you had been on the
> Internet, the images you had looked at, the sites you opened, the
> movie you had viewed, etc.  We recommend to download DriveCleaner
> to erase all evidence you have on your PC.

Other than clearing cache and trash, etc. where else are duplicate,
redundant, and/or copies of other needless, space-wasting files stored
on a Linux system that a "drivecleaner" program like this might remove?