Server recommendations

Jason Spatafore jason at spatafore.net
Mon Nov 6 19:37:40 MST 2006

For your specs, take a look at IBM. From the cost below, I think you will find them really competitive.

For example, RAID5 system is probably 3 HDDs and comes in around $8800 according to specs. IBM has several systems which can meet the needs. (Rack mountable, non-rack...etc.)

The system you propose has no apparent hot-swap capabilities.

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=-840&storeId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=4611686018425116956

That's a good place to start. :) Look at what you can add-on and so forth. This is a tower system. There are many more systems available to choose from.

I suggest shopping around a bit. There's a lot to choose from. (HP has equivalent systems.) When you're talking about servers, you may not want to go generic as you will find that you often do not save money.