Ubuntu 6.06.1 problems

Clayton Stapleton clay4291 at inbox.com
Mon Nov 6 08:21:27 MST 2006

My system is a Pentium 4 with dual processors at 3 Ghz, 1 Gb of RAM, 2 80GB hard drives. One for WindowsXP, and the other for Linux. The monitor is a 19 inch LCD by eMachine. On the hda is Windows XP, on hdb is 4 partition for Linux. SuSE Linux 10.1 was on partition hdb6. After wrestling with SuSE to get it recognized by the 19 in. monitor it worked fine.

Then tried the Live CD for Ubuntu 6.06.1 as supplied by OSDisc.com. Liked the looks of it and it even recognized the SB Audigy 2 sound card. So went back to SuSE and tried the other Live CD's I got at the same time. Liked Ubuntu 6.06.1 so decided to install it. After the install tried to setup my DSL but could fine only info on setting up a dialup connection. So closed down Ubuntu and restarted in SuSE and all I got on the screen was “Frequency out of range” and could not see anything of SuSE on the screen

Does anyone have any ideas getting the DSL to work with Ubuntu and Getting SuSE to be recognized by the LCD.

Thanks
Clay