MySQL rename and indexes

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Nov 3 16:56:25 MST 2006

moin moin,

I've got a couple of MySQL questions.

I see the "show index from $table" option for the mysql client, but it
doesn't list index names. How does one obtain the index names?

When renaming a table do the indexes for the table follow it to the new
name? If they do, do the index names also get adjusted?

Any tips on creating a new table and indexes based on another table and
its indexes?

ciao,

der.hans
#  Sysdamin Days Phoenix, 6-7 Nov, now with edu discount  https://LOPSA.org/
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, editorial in the Kansas City Star, 07May1918