OT - Off-Topic - Re: HDTV signal options.

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Nov 2 13:49:37 MST 2006

.
Thanks for the information you shared, Ted.

While I do not question anything that you said, the problem still
lies with the consumer's inability to choose what programs they
want and what programs they >>do not<< want coming into their homes.

I would gladly pay $1.00 per month for Fox news, but I wouldn't pay
a plug nickle for CNN or MSNBC.  In fact, I would gladly pay 50-cents
a month to >>not<< have their hate-America-first politically biased
garbage forced on me.

Likewise with all the Spanish language channels. I have no
anti-Hispanic bias (we have lots of fine Hispanic people in
our neighborhood and I like them all), I just don't want to be
forced to have to click through a bunch of channels in a language
that I don't understand.  I just want the channels that >>I<< want,
and not a bunch of other garbage (to me) that I do not want.

Regarding the converter boxes, your explanation of "wildly
incompatible" factors may abe true; however my point remains ...
and that is that my experience proved to me that it was and still
>>IS<< possible to receive a perfect HDTV signal via cable >>without<<
any nuisance converter box (and without any special card inside my TV).

Therefore, all of Cox's fabricated excuses are, imho, just part
of their great scam.

Joe

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Ted Gould wrote