OT - Off-Topic - Re: HDTV signal options.

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Nov 1 16:40:03 MST 2006

.
It seems that Cox and Qwest are in a heated competition
to see who can deliver the absolute worst customer service
possible and the most confusing, over-priced, under-valued
HDTV service imaginable.

Sorry to bother y'all with this off-topic subject but I am
hoping that someone here can offer some suggestions as to
what might be the best HD service and price/value option.

Cable America was excellent, but then Cox bought them out
and wrecked everything.  Ever since their takeover, I've had
nothing but grief with Cox.  Recently we got an HD-TV and
switching to Cox's HD service has been a painful fiasco.
My neighbor is having similar grief with Cox.

I have called both Qwest-DirecTV and Dish Network to see
what they might offer, but now the mass of confusion from
both of them is simply incredible.

They all advertise all great come-on deals, but then they
want to add on $10 for this and another $10 for that and
it just goes from bad to worse.  Every time I call Qwest,
I get a different story ...

What is the best deal out there for HD service with DVR, etc.?