mod_rewrite virtual hosting question...

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Wed May 24 17:23:42 MST 2006

jon wrote:
> What I'm looking for is something flexible -- I don't want to have to
> add vhosts everytime we add a domain to the server, just a site.com
> folder in /var/www/sites

If you use apache2 you can use the sites-available/ stuff. Make a script
to generate a new config in there and then just run a2ensite filename,
where filename is the name of the file with the vhost configs in it.

You really wouldn't want to use mod_rewrite to do this(and I'm not even
sure it can) because you will see a performance hit.

~Ben
--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.