qmail toaster: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue May 23 15:12:43 MST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:31:45PM -0700, Eric Shubes wrote:
> I'm open to suggestions. Have any?

Well, that depends on your needs and what you're familiar with. The big
names (sendmail, postfix, qmail) all work for any situation, can all be
complex, and will be what you find the most info for configuring.

Personally, I use sendmail for various reasons.

> What specifically should I be concerned about regarding djb licensing?
> My understanding is that djb software must be distributed in source
> form, which is kind of a PITA, but not all that bad. What else?

There are also restrictions about how changes are made. You can't fork
djb code, for instance. Philosophical differences aside, the practical
upshot is that djb code doesn't attract the same kind of community that
truly free software does.

I think we have some qmail people on the list (wouldn't bet on qmail
toaster people, though.) Maybe they'll chime in and help?!

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |