SUSE KDE lost keyboard

Alan Gore agore at qwest.net
Sat May 20 18:48:14 MST 2006

On May 20, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Michael Sammartano wrote:

> If your keyboard works at the command line, su to root and open
> yast by typing the command > yast
> This will bring you to a command interface of yast. You have all
> the same functionality as you would if using a gui. You can also
> restore your keyboard from here ;)

Thanks - it works! As far as getting into YaST, I mean. I disabled
the firewall, but that didn't bring back VNC access this time.
Perhaps I was just jumping to conclusions when I assumed that VNC
access was connected with my disabling the firewall.

But what YaST function could I use to "restore the keyboard", and
what caused it to vanish in the first place? I tried he Keyboard
function i the Hardware applet, but that just contained same the
default US settings as I had installed with.