[OT] Job opportunity

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Sat May 20 09:41:27 MST 2006

Sorry for the top post here, but I wanted to point something out:

The must have skills are with * like so:
> Must Have (*skills that are absolutely necessary before applying
> for this position):
>
> *Ability to support common UNIX utils (esp. Makefiles)
> *UNIX including both development and basic system administration
> *Ability to write shell scripts and Java application programs
> *Must know sed and awk

I am supposing that the more of the rest of it you have the higher the
percentage of getting the job.

Also, where I currently work is a 24x7 job, and sometimes I get called
in, and sometimes I work many long on the weekend. But a lot of time I
don't. Also, there might be a rotating on-call schedule.

Anyway. I don't know if it is that way or not. But I interpret it that
way.

Jerry

On Thu, 18 May 2006 19:07:50 -0700
Jerry Davis <jdawgaz at cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
> Parser, SNA, Acme, Cryptix encryption, Jconnect, EAC-Client, CE-
> client, JUnit, Sybase, and internally developed framework components:
> commandservice, frontservlet, and jlog.
>

> Duties include the following:
>
> *	Handling version control management of multiple releases and
> release levels.
> *	Manage source/version control tools CMVC and CVS.
> *	Provides build support for multiple development teams across
> multiple environments.
> *	Provides build and development support for C, C++ and VAJ
> 2.0.3, VAJ 3.5, WSAD 4.0. WASD 5.0
> *	Interpret C, C++ compiler and linker errors
> *	Work with C, C++ compiler flags and optimization and
> debugging capabilities
> *	Linking in and building with third party production like
> RogueWave, DCE, etc.
> *	Manages extensive use of makefiles and Ant make tool
> *	Supports all common UNIX utilities (makefiles, ftp, tar, ksh
> features, which)
> *	Experience writing ksh scripts, C, Perl and knowledge of
> differences in AIX and Sun Solaris for porting them
> *	Handles a multitude of new developer questions, writes
> scripts and builds multiple code levels simultaneously.
> *	Supports all the levels and configurations of AIX, XCOM and
> SNA. *	Supports a build group intranet website using
> DreamWeaver. *	Works 7x24 support schedule
> *	Support system administration monitoring and troubleshooting.
> *	Provide Scheduling and Release Management of products.
>

> Must Have (*skills that are absolutely necessary before applying for
> this position):
>
> Ability to interpret C,C++, Java compiler and linker errors
>
> *Ability to support common UNIX utils (esp. Makefiles)
>
> Knowledge of static, shared libraries
>
> Knowledge of executable, images
>
> *UNIX including both development and basic system administration
>
> Some source/version control experience
>
> Flexible schedule (night and weekend work)
>
> *Ability to write shell scripts and Java application programs
>
> *Must know sed and awk
>
> Ability to support Ant make tool for Java build environment
>
> J2EE packaging and release experience
>

> Nice to Have:
>
> AIX, Solaris, & Linux experience
>
> IBM CMVC experience
>
> CVS experience
>
> Build support experience
>
> DB2 experience
>
> IBM VA JAVA & WSAD experience
>
> SUN/IBM JDK experience
>
> IBM C/C++ compiler experience
>
> GNU C/C++ compiler experience
>
> MySQL experience
>
> Apache Server experience
>
> Ability to support a web site knowing DreamWeaver
>
> Rational Clear Case / Clear Quest experience
>
> Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
>
> EPIC (financial tracking system used by AMEX)
>
> Infoman (problem tracking and change record management system)
>

> --
> Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
> Registered Linux User: 275424
>
> This email's random fortune: O.K., fine.

This email's random fortune: I feel sorry for your brain... all alone
in that great big head...