bridging

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed May 17 07:07:46 MST 2006

Exactley that is what I want to do. Combine the two to make it look like one
interface so I can take advantage of all the bandwidth.

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 19:07, you wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 06:48:31PM -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> > I have 2 cable modems running on seperate connections. It's a shame
> > really that both of these are running and I only have 1 pc. It's really a
> > shame that said pc has 2 network cards...
> >
> > What's the easiest way to take advantage of this situation? I used to
> > call this shotgunning, but I guess that term hasn't been used in a
> > while.. Windows calls it bridging? is that right?
>
> Are you talking about combining the two connections out into a single
> virtual interface? That's fun!
>
> Bridging is something else. Usually that's meant when you pass traffic
> between two different protocols transparently.
>
> I can't remember what MS calls it, but I know they have it (played with
> it a bit at work). OpenBSD has it, too (called trunking). I'm sure Linux
> must have it.

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations