Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:15:05 MST 2006

On 5/15/06, Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 09:53:52PM -0700, David Huerta wrote:
> > STEM is the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Group at GCC.
>
> IOW, geeks.

I hope it's not too much to ask, for the DeLUG/STEM folks
to post a notice here [plug-discuss] before each meeting.
(as the Stammtisch folks do).
It would recommend it,
even if the notice just gave the date/time/place.
Any further info would be nice, too
(however,)
I've guessed wrong so often,
about whether a given "topic" or speaker will be interesting...
that I have given up trying to predict any more...
so now sometimes, I just go if I have the time,
even if I "expect" to be bored... often I am surprised.
According to
   http://www.devrylinux.org/
it says the DeLUG meetings are [usually] on the
2nd and 4th Mon., but it also says "DeVry... Rm. 116"
(I think a more recent source, said "DeVry... Rm. 211.")

[from a post by *stu <wien33 at cox.net>:*]
>      Just to toss in my 2 cents-
>        I work nights, and for the few west side meetings I've been to I
> had to take
> vacation time from work. Perhaps schedueling the meetings at a
> different time
> might help draw in some night students
> and evening shift workers - Just
> something to think about.
 >                Stu

I live on the W side, too;  but I usually have a class on Tues.
night, so I miss a lot of the "W Side" meetings.
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org