LOPSA May Membership Month! (lufthans) (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon May 15 23:54:59 MST 2006

moin moin,

LOPSA is trying to focus on membership this month. Also note the live
meeting this Wednesday on IRC.

We have a regular IRC channel, #lopsa, so feel free to pop in there if you
have any questions.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "I have seen the enemy, and it is shiny." -- Benjy Feen, 22Jun2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 10:16:32 -0700
Subject: LOPSA May Membership Month! (lufthans)

Dear LOPSA Member --

I'm writing to you to ask for your help in a critical stage in the
foundation of our League -- expanding our membership.

LOPSA was founded to bring our profession out of its infancy. We want
to bring a community of high level professionals a platform to set
standards and precedents before they are set for us. We want to bring
sysadmins of every level together so we can learn from each other. We
want to expand the knowledge our profession holds, and the reach of the
idea of a profession to all.

However, we cannot do anything without a strong, active and expanding
membership base.

We're off to a good start. LOPSA's future would be well on its way if
every current LOPSA member recruited another system administrator to
join us.

Therefore, I am announcing May Membership Month. For each member you
recruit to join LOPSA, you will be given a chance at winning a prize of
both tangible and geek history value; signed copies of books by prominent
LOPSA members, a set of original Lions' V6 code and notes books direct
from Bell Labs, and more.

More than anything, recruiting members serves all of our goals. It
allows us, the Board, to focus more on services and ideas instead of
survival. It allows you to speak within LOPSA to a broader audience
and gain access to a wider array of thoughts and knowledge. It allows
our voice to grow stronger within society as a whole. It attracts more
attention from vendors and corporations who can provide tangible benefits
and discounts to our members.

Members are the lifeblood of any organization like ours. You can help
us, by bringing our message to your friends and colleagues. Show them
the value of understanding ourselves as professionals, talk to them
about the experience of community, and bring them into the LOPSA fold
so they can contribute their own views to our wider profession. Again,
if you can just bring one other member into LOPSA, you'll have done a
great deal to foster all of our goals.

For more information on how to sell LOPSA to others and on some of the
prizes we've lined up, see

 	http://www.lopsa.org/MayMembership

Also, if you want to point prospective members to talk to the Board
directly, we're having our second LOPSA Live IRC session on Wednesday,
May 17th, from 4-6 PM Eastern Time. Join us on irc.lopsa.org in the
#lopsa-live channel, and ask any questions you have directly to members
of the Board.

Thank you all for your continued support of our League.

Sincerely,

Tom Perrine
President
League of Professional System Administrators