Small Linux boxes?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu May 4 12:51:00 MST 2006

Am 04. May, 2006 schwätzte Kevin so:

> On 5/4/06 11:22 AM, "shadow" <shadow at digitalnirvana.com> wrote:
>> A $70 Linksys WRT54G-L with OpenWRT firmware should do the trick.  I use
>> a similar setup to secure my home wireless network using WEP + OpenVPN +
>> IPTables.  OpenWRT is debian ipkg based and supports all of the packages
>> you mentioned.
>
> Now, I like this!  Unfortunately, I think I need a hard drive or CF card of
> some kind.  Has anyone hacked a drive into one of those things?  I suppose I
> could attach an external USB drive, but that would be clumsy and probably
> too slow.

They have USB ports? Are they 2.0? That should be fast enough, shouldn't
it?

Hopefully Alan will pipe up on writability of CF cards.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.hans