Debian Install

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri May 12 13:14:57 MST 2006

Am 12. May, 2006 schwätzte Ben Coffman so:

> Thank you for providing the actual commands.  Will I need an internet
> connection during the install?

No. You might need extra CDs to get all the software you want.

If you have an Internet connection you can get updates. Not that big of a
deal until you expose the box to the Internet.

Is this for use as a desktop or as a server?

If you're going to use it as a desktop I suggest using Ubuntu rather than
debian. I've been running debian for years and Ubuntu has really impressed
me with taking the debian base and massively improving the desktop
experience.

Many of us have copies of Ubuntu sitting around, so you can likely get CDs
from someone in the group. You can also download it. Normally Ubuntu will
send you CDs. That's unlikely right now as the next version is supposed to
come out next month.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms