Wanted Someone to Coordinate the Westside PLUG Meetings

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon May 15 12:09:00 MST 2006

Jason Spatafore said:
> FYI: A good spot for the "west side" meeting would probably be Deer Valley
> Community Center. It is located around 19th Ave. and Union Hills, which is
> 1/4 mile from the loop 101. Another option is to try something at Paradise
> Valley Community College. My only reason for this recommendation is the
> freeway access. PVCC is 1 mile from the 101 and 1/4 mile from the 51. This
> places it in a more convenient location. I never attended the west side
> meeting @ GCC because GCC is a real pain to get to...there are no freeways
> which are located within a mile or two of the college. It was a stop-go
> hassle which added 15 minutes of travel no matter which direction you came
> from.
>
> I am probably speaking of more of a North Side meeting. After all, the
> locations I speak of are in the northern Phoenix area moreso than the
> west.
>
> Which also makes me question that we should have 4 meeting areas. East
> side in the Tempe/Mesa locale. West Side can probably stay at GCC. North
> Side at PVCC and maybe even a South Side located somewhere else. (I would
> have no idea since I'm in the north side.)

Meetings can take place where and when people want to have them.  If a
south or north or east-by-southeast/Florence meeting crops up, go for it.

There is the problem of balance: Doing enough meetings to have at least
one convenient to those that want to attend but not having so many that
attendance at any given meeting is down to 3 people.  But we can work all
that out as long as we keep talking.

> Somebody once did a map that showed the population density of PLUGers a
> little while back. Maybe that can be a good start to go with when picking
> it all out. But hey, that's my two cents. I don't want to cause disruption
> because I can't contribute much time to the issue.

The user map is at:
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=36

(Kevin did that and would probably complain that he wants to update it and
I have not provided the proper permissions for him to do so.  I'll have to
get on that.)