Debian Install

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Fri May 12 10:11:13 MST 2006

Ben Coffman wrote:
> do you think the Kernal could be the problem?  I'm not sure since it
> works with Red hat 7.3 which uses the 2.4 kernal and it recongnizes all
> 300 gigs.
>
> Worth giving a shot.  How do I get it to use the 2.6 Kernal upon install?

When the install CD boots, type "install26" or "expert26".

When it is done, use "apt-cache search  kernel-image-2.6" to find one
more recent and appropriate for your hardware. P3 and 4 and Xeon use the
686 ones. -smp at the end of it means it is set up for multi-processor
machines.

~Ben

---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.
For you, it would just be a really long boast."
	-Tara
http://www.emptiedout.com