laptop keyboard issues

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sun May 7 20:43:32 MST 2006

All,

Before I send my laptop into Dell for 2 weeks and lose all my work flow, I
want to know if anyone has seen or experienced this. While typing the
keyboard suddenly begins repeating keys until any other key is pressed. It is
completely random when it does it and it could be any key it feels like.

My BIOS (Inspiron 700m) doesn't allow key-repeat changing. I disabled key
repeating in KDE and that seems to have fixed the problem, but life is
difficult when you can't repeat an arrow key... try it sometime for kicks or
as a cruel joke to a co-worker (hey, great April 1 joke, turn off key-repeat
on every machine in the office...)

I read somewhere that this is a kernel bug but not quite sure. Anyone familiar
with this event?

Nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations