banking online

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Fri May 5 11:50:29 MST 2006

Gabe Grijalva wrote:
> I use www.wellsfargo.com, yesterday was the first time
> I was told to switch browsers, the options did not
> include any for Linux, just for mac and m$, I
> remembered that Konqueror could be configured to to
> appear as a different browser/os....what upset me was
> not being allowed to continue with firefox on Linux
> and not being given any option for a Linux
> system...I'd like to know who made this decision for
> WF....

That's odd. I'm using the standard Firefox 1.5.0.2 on Fedora Core 5, and
have no problem with that site. I just now logged on, and everything was
peachy. I wonder what's different, so I tried a few different distros.
Firefox 1.0.8 on Ubuntu 5.10 lets me log in, as does Firefox 1.5.0.1 on
CentOS 4.3. I'm still wondering.

What version/distro are you having a problem with?

Do you get the message right off the bat, or somewhere after you've
logged in?

I notice that when I first go to www.wellsfargo.com, it automatically
switches over to https://www.wellsfargo.com. Does this happen for you?

--