Small Linux boxes?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu May 4 15:22:49 MST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:06:15PM -0700, Kevin wrote:
> On 5/4/06 12:49 PM, "Darrin Chandler" <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote:
> > Yes, as soon as you really want to write to the drive, consumer CF is
> > out of the running. It would last a week or a month and then croak.
>
> I'm not up-to-speed on CF media, but I've heard this statement several times
> now.  I wonder how a project like stompbox works so well with CF media?
>
> http://www.stompboxnetworks.com/intro.html

I went looking for what kind of CF they use but it didn't exactly jump
out at me...

When I said "consumer CF" I meant like USB memory sticks. They only take
several hundred writes and then they flake. Higher grade CF is
available. Alan can tell you more about differences in CF, since Adtron
makes solid-state drives with high grade CF.

So, you might be able to find a CF "disk drive" that will work fine. A
keychain "thumb drive" won't.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |