banking online

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:32:58 MST 2006

On 5/4/06, Gabe Grijalva <linuxgabe57 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I use wells fargo, found out today that they don't
> accept Firefox browser but will accept netscape for
> windows, the message I get is "if you want to use our
> on line service you can do it on a mac or windows
> machine''.....so I ended up configuring Konqueror to
> appear as an "ie on a xp"....hope this warning and
> solution will help other pluggers.....Gabe

FWIW,
recently I noticed that, on some web page  where
I was browsing (maybe doing business? -- not sure)
(I don't remember exactly)
there was a notataion at the top that said "Netscape";
I just figured that the web page had some kind of
feature(s) that "cared" what kind of browser / client
was on my end -- and I was just guessing, that it
lumped "Firefox" (which is what I was really using)
in a large category of (non-IE?) browsers, which it
called "Netscape";
(even though maybe it was a bit of a misnomer...)
PS:  I thought maybe it was
      "https://www.southwest.com/..."
      where I bought some tickets yesterday -- but
      no, now I don't think so -- I just went back there,
      and I don't see it... so I guess it was some other
      web site...
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ