Small Linux boxes?

Kevin plug-discuss at firstpacket.com
Thu May 4 12:01:25 MST 2006

On 5/4/06 10:46 AM, "ted at gould.cx" <ted at gould.cx> wrote:
> Linksys NSLU2 with the second NIC being a USB ethernet card?  Not sure if
> it has the horsepower you'd need, but seems that it'd be close.

Now that is a great idea.  I am not familiar with the Intel IXP420
processor, so I wonder if it has enough horsepower to run Squid and
Dansguardian?  They can be real pigs (especially Squid).  I also wonder if I
will be able to compile Squid, Dansguardian, dhcpd, Apache, and PHP on that
processor?  Will I be able to recompile the kernel to enable iptables
supports, etc?

I might just have to buy one of these and try it out.

...Kevin