Need help configuring my network

Erik Bixby erik.bixby at gmail.com
Thu May 4 10:19:14 MST 2006

Eric,
For a thorough explaination, you might want to go to
http://www.ietf.org/ and read RFC's 1058 and 2453.  For a very brief
explaination, they define a relatively simple way of routers sharing
information about what networks they have attached.  See also OSPF,
IGRP and EIGRP (the latter two being proprietary Cisco protocols).
-Erik