Virtual Networking

Michael Vanecek mike at mjv.com
Wed May 3 21:23:20 MST 2006

Everything goes via my gateway firewall system - 2 nics - one internal
with static IP and serving my internal network, and the other nic
connected to the DSL modem - dhcp. The one connected to the DSL modem is
filtered heavily - I don't trust the modem security. So, essentially,
I'm creating yet another internal network isolated from the other, but
still able to use the gateway to get on the internet. Was hoping I could
do this virtually - I ran out of PCI slots for yet another NIC,
methinks. Will have to see if I can pull something out or hook up a USB
lan adapter and another switch...

Cheers,
Mike
--