Fedora and QT

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Wed May 3 14:40:43 MST 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 13:45, Nathan England wrote:
> I am getting into QT development and I am curious if there are any QT
> developers who use Fedora? I am looking for a system that has a sane QT
> installation and all the documentation along with a KDevelop built with the
> correct QT documentation settings.
>
> Or, what distro do you recommend?

The distro shouldn't matter at all when it comes to Qt development.  Whatever
you are used to using will be fine.  The reason why is because I don't
recommend using the installed version of Qt for learning how to do Qt
development.  Instead, download the latest version (4.1) from trolltech.com
and compile it from source inside of your home directory.

BUT, if you're really wanting to use the system version, then I would lean
towards SUSE.  Fedora would likely work just fine, but there really aren't
that many public Qt and KDE developers that use Fedora.  There are tons on
SUSE, though, and Qt is that much more polished on SUSE as a result.

YMMV
Kurt