Need help configuring my network

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:49:11 MST 2006

This sounds overly similar to a problem I was discussing on another
thread about having both wired ethernet and wireless on my laptop.  It
seems something gets very confused when both interfaces are active.
Specifically, I was unable to browse web sites or ping hosts.  Turned
out the ping was actually happening but not on the interface the
system thought it was.

Try adding a network moniter for each interface to a panel.  Open
Properties for both of them so you can see Rx and Tx packet counts for
both.  Then try pinging someone.  If the problem is like mine, the
ping command will appear to hang (never report anything) but one of
the interfaces will reflect the active pinging.

I also found that after about 20 minutes, something unknown would
cause the wireless interface to correct itself and things began
working again.  Wierd!!!

On 5/2/06, Kevin <plug-discuss at firstpacket.com> wrote:

> On 5/2/06 2:01 PM, "Mark Phillips" <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
>
> > I am pulling my hair out trying to set up a ??simple?? wireless network.
> > Everything seems to be working, but I cannot ping any other computer on the
> > network.
>
> Mark, are you pinging by name or IP address?
>
> ...Kevin

  - James M. Barrie