Linux on laptops

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Wed May 3 00:08:47 MST 2006

Wagner, Steven G wrote:
> If anyone could post back with a short list of what you like about Ubuntu
> (if you like Ubuntu) I'd be interested in hearing. I was under the
> impression that it is just a very easy, kind of novice distro that works
> with a lot of hardware, etc. and installs quickly. Am I missing something?

I like it because it is Debian enough for my tastes, with solid hardware
support. It recognized my 10/100/1000 Ethernet out of the box, *and* my
IPW2200 wifi card... To me it is aimed more at the desktop crowd. I
prefer to save my brain cycles for getting something big and important
working rather than mucking with constant patching etc.

~Ben

--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.