IBM blade center HS20 server) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 4

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Fri Mar 31 20:33:33 MST 2006

No prob, Dan. This is an interesting challenge, and I'm sure a learning
experience. Sometimes all we (all) need is a sounding board, and this
list is great for that (at least I think so).

One other thought. Kudzu, you know, is used for probing HW on
RHEL/Centos/Fedora (and who-knows other distros). While investigating my
recent problem with kudzu (FC5), I seem to remember running across
various kudzu bugs that blanked the screen, hung the system, and
generally created havoc. Kudzu is not my favorite program on that
platform, although it generally works very nicely (when it works). Kudzu
would be my first suspicion to your problem, and anything you can do to
disable/bypass it might get you further on your road. Then again, it may
not. ;) FWIW.

Good luck, and let us know how you made out.

--
-Eric 'shubes'