how to laser printing postage with a linux system

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Fri Mar 31 16:36:17 MST 2006

I know that many people are now printing postage in any designated amount
on their inkjet or laser printers, but I have not yet been able to find a
place where I can do that with my Linux system.  usps.com apparently only
offers printing postage for priority and express mail, while stamps.com and
endicia.com and others apparently only work with M$.  Also, some
systems apparently require a monthly fee and special software.

Is that all there is?  Any suggestions how to do this with Linux and
without extra monthly fees and special software?