Postfix configuration so that it just discards mail?

Bill Earl bearl at bestbill.com
Thu Mar 30 10:26:24 MST 2006

Hello all,

This seems like it should be a simple setup and that I'm overlooking
something really obvious, but since I am overlooking it, I could use
some assistance.

We're setting up a series of debian systems that our developers will
use. These systems need to provide "sendmail" connections to some
applications that will run on them, but we don't want the mail to
actually be sent.  We're using postfix, and I can make a log of the
emails that are "sent", but what's the best way to make sure that the
system doesn't actually find a way to send the mail out to the world?

Thanks much!

Bill