Zend Studio doesn't like FC5

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Wed Mar 29 00:52:30 MST 2006

Okay so I got a hard reminder today why not to jump the gun and install
the latest and greatest. Not only does Zend Studio not work but it looks
like neighter will PHPeclipse. I contacted Zend they say that its
because FC5's gcc is too new. The promised that the next version of ZS
will work on FC5 (but no dates on when that will be). They offered up
that perhaps creating a link will fool the installer to thinking I'm
using an older version of gcc and therefore will install, but they don't
offer support for that. I have no idea what to link to what. I have
tried several installs however. I've installed compat-gcc-32-c++,
compat-libstdc++-33, and compat-lib2c-32 I installed libXp-devel and
attempted to find xorg-x11-depreciated-libs (for FC4 I had to install
these but there doesn't appear to be a FC5 version). I *need* a php IDE
/  debugger. So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to create
this link they were talking about, I'm assuming some gcc  lib (but I
don't know which) and I don't know which target I should use. ::sigh::