hda2 error

bmike101 at cox.net bmike101 at cox.net
Mon Mar 27 19:08:32 MST 2006

I figured something out! When I was asked for my fstab I
gave you all the fstab of the live cd. The fstab of the hd
was:
/dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/hda4 /mnt/hda4 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/sda1 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
# Dynamic entries
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0

I changed it to
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
#/dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/hda4 /mnt/hda4 ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/sda1 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
# Dynamic entries
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0

When I changed it I had so hoped that this would fix it
yet it did not!
What else do I need to do?

for your information here is my setup:
hda1 = root
hda4 = home
hda3 = data

<plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Subject: hda2 error
>
> How strange; it happened again. I reninstalled the OS
and,
> as before, it loaded once. After it loads once and I
> shutdown it seems to think that hda2 is back. It is as
if