raid 0 problems

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sun Mar 26 22:20:31 MST 2006

I believe there are several Checker or Auto Zone stores that are 24 hours,
also Walmarts....

> I concur. We are, however, without a proper sized torx bit to accomplish
> this (will wait and head off to the hardware store tomorrow to find one)

> the above is true in HARDWARE RAD-0. However, given that this was a linux
> (suse 10+) software raid-0, it appears (and was proven by direct
> observation) that the data was written in serial fashion from 1 drive and
> spanning to the second.

You are right, the raid software in linux wrote 1 drive then the next. I think
this is partially why the LVM2 stuff took over and that is being used, while
it seems to me the software raid has almost dissappeared.