OT: Mac OSX

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 26 06:43:47 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 05:37 -0700, Alex wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 09:37 pm, Dan Lund wrote:
> > it's a means to an end result.
> >
> > On 3/25/06, Kevin Brown <kevin_brown at qwest.net> wrote:
> > > VMware is not the same as Virtual PC.
>

> However Virtual PC is a Microsoft Product in and of itself, so if you have
> qualms about using MS products, VMWare might be a better solution.
----
qualms about running Microsoft Windows in Microsoft's Virtual PC ? Do
you mean giving them 2 sales with one shot?

I guess you can run Linux in Virtual PC but my experience has been that
those who go on about keeping their Macintosh computers Microsoft free
still have a copy of Microsoft Office on their computer.

Actually, I think the entire topic underscores just how lame Apple has
become. They could have made it so that OSX ran on typical Intel based
hardware but their hardware sales would go into the toilet. So to
protect their hardware sales, they restrict their software. They are
afraid to compete head on with other hardware manufacturers head on so
they exploit their base by forcing the hardware choice.

Apple...Microsoft, little difference in their goals, just different
levels of success. Reminds me about what Billy Martin said about George
Steinbrenner and Reggie Jackson...
http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/features/flashbacks/06_18_1977.stm

Craig