it did switch users

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Mar 25 09:57:44 MST 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 bmike101 at cox.net wrote:

> I just found this out when I tried to halt the system.
> Gotta go to work now.
> Wait.... No that won't work. What is .bashrc?
> How do I chmod if it is telling me permission denied as
> root user?

Please consider not changing subject headers. I checked before I replied
to you. Then later I read that you continued the same thread with a
different subject line.

~/.bashrc is your bash initialization file. It is ran when you
interactively start up bash. (It can be used to set your PATH for
example.)

For your info, ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile is ran when you login using
bash. It can be used to set your PS1 prompt, for example.

(The other question I answered in the other thread.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'