Event notification? (Was: Re: west side meeting? WHAT WESTSIDE MEETING?!?!?!)

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Mar 22 10:27:13 MST 2006

I am sorry that the calendar is not readable for you.  We do need to spend
some time making the site more accessable to sight impared.  Your feedback
is valuable.  Any lack of action in that regard is a function of finding
volunteer time, not lack of caring.

Along these lines I'd like to ask a question specific to your needs,
Technomage, and as a general issue.

What, in your opinion is the best method for notifying you of upcoming
events?  Calendar, website, email, other?

How far in advance of an event should an announcement be made?

Many times we announce a day or two before because that is when the
presentation topic get confirmed.  However, that is not enough notice for
most, I'm sure.  If we announce two weeks ahead, say, that may be too
early as people will forget by the time the day of the event comes along.

What do you all think?  I'd like to know.

Alan