usb flash drive as swap in linux

Mark Jarvis mark.jarvis at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Sat Mar 18 13:31:34 MST 2006

FWIW, I remember the figure of 1000 writes from when flash drives first
came out. May or may not have been accurate, may have changed by now.
Another FWIW--some distros add "noatime" to the auto-generated fstab
entries for flash drives. Presumably they also believe that flash drives
have limited writes available.

1000 writes is a lot when all you're using it for is advanced
sneaker-net, not a lot for a swap drive.

Just $0.85 ($0.02 adjusted for inflation),

-mj-