NetworkManagerInfo problem

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 17 17:48:38 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 07:41 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:

> --- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > > Funny. Thanks, this would have led me to it if I
> > > hadn't already guessed.
> > ----
> > I think that audit2allow -d only outputs selinux
> > audit messages from
> > 'dmesg' so a reboot would clear the cache of audit
> > messages which may
> > account for that.
> >
> > Shutting off selinux is OK since I guess you are
> > gonna wipe it all out
> > anyway and I gather there are some new tools in FC-5
> > but I have learned
> > to make peace with the beast that is selinux (at
> > least as far as RHEL
> > 4/CentOS 4 & FC-3 and FC-4) and it is possible to
> > keep selinux running
> > and have a usable system. I certainly understand the
> > temptation to just
> > shut it off because you don't understand it...I just
> > refused to do that
> > and gradually am learning it.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> I should probably learn how to manage selinux. Can you
> suggestion any particular resources? Otherwise I just
> google it.
----
I always start here...

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/

but I am also subscribed to fedora-selinux list

but generally, once you get the idea, it becomes a lot simpler. I don't
know what the changes are for FC-5 or if they will have a new selinux
page (I think so) but I got the general impression that much of what I
learned will be different so I don't know about that...

Paul Horwarth is very sharp on this stuff (both fedora-list and
fedora-selinux-list) so you shouldn't have to go far...

besides....3 days and counting...
As Carl says...it's a must have

;-)

Craig