ICANN and Verisign .com deal

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Wed Mar 15 18:15:01 MST 2006

I'm surprised this didn't also mention their mail fraud advertising
strategy. I remember getting an obfuscated  'Domain Name Expiration
Notice,' where they ask for 'renewal' which ultimately ends up in you
unknowingly transferring your domain to them. I knew it was a scam but I
wonder how many people didn't.

Here's an example of the letter
http://www.proper.com/ICANN-notes/VeriSign-deception.html

The only 'sweet deal' Verisign deserves is a fine and some time behind
bars given their track record.

-Mike