Laptop vendor without Microsoft tax

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 18:59:05 MST 2006

I found this:

http://tuxmobil.org/reseller.html

--- vodhner at cox.net wrote:

> I'm submitting this query for a friend.
> I'll forward responses to him.  Thanks - Vic
>
> --------------
>
> All,
>
> First off, thank you for taking the time to respond
> my query.  I am considering purchasing a Linux-based
> laptop for my daughter's 12th grade graduation.  One
> of
> my main concerns is to insure that zero dollars of
> my
> purchase price will go to Microsoft -- i.e. on
> principal
> I do not want to pay the "Microsoft Tax".  Following
> behind this concern are the normal issues, like
> reliability, ease of dealing with the vendor, good
> price, etc.  My question is: Do you have any
> recommendations (esp based on experience) where one
> can purchase a Linux-based laptop.
>
> Kind regards,
> -Randy Galbraith

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out, and talk to others.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee
New hand helds start at about $85 and up for single band
transcievers at many dealers, just fyi.

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.
Complete  operating systems free if downloaded.
I am running w/o a hard drive on both!!