Multiple Virtual Host (was SSL and Apache)

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Thu Mar 9 13:21:32 MST 2006

Okay one Virtual Host now works fine with SSL. I created a new IP for
the next one and I can ping it so I'm assuming that's going well. I even
*think* I set the zone in BIND correctly for the domain name (though its
too early to know for sure) . So I tried setting the new Virtual host up
using the new IP. apachectl -t says the syntax is fine but whenever I
try to reboot apache *all* my virtual host break (meaning I can't reach
them from the browser) ps -ef | grep httpd shows that apache is running
but when I check my error log I see this
[error] Init: Unable to read pass phrase [Hint: key introduced or
changed before restart?]

Then I remember that it never asked me for the pass phase for the new
Cert (that goes with the new Virtual Host). So I commented out all the
lines for that virtual host then apachectl restart. it asks me for my
pass phase (for the first SSL Virtual Host) Apache seems to load fine
and all my virtual servers are back up and running fine. So now I'm
guessing there is some trick or something for multiple certs. How do I
tell it now to look for two (or more) certs and ask me for the pass
phase for all of them?