SSL and Apache

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Thu Mar 9 09:41:55 MST 2006

I'm running into a problem setting up ssl on a virtual host.
Say I have a domain
www.example.org

and I want to access it via https://www.example.org

I've generated the key and purchased the certs etc...
and placed them in the dir /ssl

now in httpd.conf (I've moved it out of ssl.conf because I couldn't get
it to work there)
I have the following

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:443>
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/"
ServerName  example.org
ServerAlias www.example.org
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/access_log

SSLCertificateFile /ssl/example.org.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /ssl/example.key

</VirtualHost>

When I save, it ask me for my pass phase. and I restart apache. When I
try to go to https://www.example.org however I get
"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.example.org"
What am I doing wrong? Did I forget something?