ripping flac to other formats

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Mar 7 08:56:32 MST 2006

I see this was carbon-copied to a list I am not on. ...

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Dragos Neagu wrote:

> I have quite a few albums in flac that I would like to
> re-encode/trans-code/sample/rip, whatever the correct verb is, into
> mp3 (and ogg at a later date). I haven't been able to find much info
> online.

You can use flac to decode to standard output and then pipe that into
oggenc. (I am sure there is some script to help automate this. If not, ask
here and someone can quickly make it.)

lame can also be used to convert from flac to mp3.

You can convert flac to mp3 with flac2mp3 (a wrapper around lame) from
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/downloads.php

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/