hp2600n

Jason Hayes hh at hayz.ws
Sun Mar 5 14:47:36 MST 2006

Just an FYI for those who may pick up an HP 2600n Color Laserjet.

It is a pain the rear to get up and running as there are no HP linux drivers
that I could find (let me know if you have found them).

There is a driver that someone else has tweaked and managed to make work,
however (http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/). One fellow has blogged on his attempts to
get that driver up and running
(http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/12/06/hp-2600n-printing-color/,
http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/11/23/hp2600n-bajo-linux/ ,
http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/11/16/helping-linux-printer-driver-for-hp-2600n/).

Also, once you manage to get the printer up and working, getting it to print
across a network proves to be troublesome as well. HP appears to have noticed
this -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00389370&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Try these fixes right away and you should be able to avoid the hours I spent
trying to figure out why I could print test pages across my Samba network to
this thing, but nothing else.

HTH someone out there.
--
Jason Hayes